Recent college graduates with construction or engineering-related degrees and experienced construction professionals alike will benefit from learning and advancement opportunities and exciting career paths with The Douglas Company.
|Title:||Construction Project Manager - General Contractor|
Construction Project Manager
We are currently seeking an experienced and proactive Project Manager, who desires an exciting and challenging environment. Our Project Manager's oversee a variety of construction jobs, that offer fast-paced quality driven outcomes.
Qualified applicants must be able to work at our office in the greater Toledo Metro area. For those that would require relocation to our area, we may offer some relocation assistance.
Complete responsibility to manage the entire scope of a construction project, from the estimating phase through the closeout phase. Project Manager's are responsible for supervising the project management team including: Field Superintendent’s, Project Coordinator's, and an Administrative Staff member. A Project Manager can oversee multiple construction jobs as directed.
• Project purchasing & Material expediting
• Contract Issuance
• Project cost control
• Project closeout
• Client relationship management
• A completed Bachelor’s Degree, or higher, is REQUIRED. A degree major in Construction Management or Civil Engineering is also strongly preferred; those with a different degree major, combined with the required experience, will also be strongly considered.
• 3.0+ GPA strongly preferred
• 3+ years of experience as a Project Manager in the Construction Industry, managing the entire project scope from pre-construction to close out.
• 6+ years of experience in the Construction Industry Required.
• Commercial Construction experience Required.
• Background in wood frame construction Required.
• Senior Living, Assisted Living, Multi-family, and Single-Family strongly preferred.
Competitive salary, benefits, and generous financial incentives are offered. Work will require travel to job sites as needed.
The Douglas Company is a dedicated group of professionals able to control costs, ensure quality, and complete construction projects on time. We serve a select range of industries including: Senior Living/Care (Skilled Nursing Homes, Assisted Living, Independent Living), Mixed Commercial, Multi-Family Residential, and Sporting Facilities. Our typical construction jobs range from $3MM to $20MM (or more)!
The history of our company is rich with pride, tradition, and success. The Douglas family has been actively involved in national construction projects for over 100 years. In September, 1976, we officially became The Douglas Company, specializing in the design/build construction process. We currently have offices in Orlando, FL and Suburban Toledo, OH.
We pride ourselves on team work, and that's what helps us build our construction jobs on an average 2 months faster than the posted schedule. The majority of the projects we manage are negotiated, as we love to work with those that enjoy partnering with us.
If you are looking for a construction company that offers a solid group of driven employee's, we're a great choice!
Please note that you will be asked to create a new user profile when applying (if you are new to our career site); this is done to ensure you are able to update your profile information at a later date. The application should take roughly 5 minutes to complete.